Hey fukurou, This coding forum that you're talking about creating --

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
do you have some potential members in mind? Or are you just gonna add some content and heavily promote it?

Last edited:

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Well I guess we might as well do this; what's the name supposed to be? Seemed like someone had a suggestion somewhere.

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
Foids cant have access to it.
A name hmmmm.... how about
Jizzy coding ?

Its funny, but it also shows unlike other programming forums you can talk dirty
Which is essencial for a relaxed enjoyable programming expirience.
Also it would be about AGI GF apps which is
About jizzing.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Okay, what are we gonna call this thing? I assume we're gonna want a .is domain

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
What are you gonna use for the logo? What picture, what font, etc.? Any tagline? Etc.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Okay, I guess we'll have to see how well that shrinks down. And the font?

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
skygrimoire.fun ?
The price of .fun domains went up to $34.95; if we're gonna pay that much, might as well just get a .is domain

However there's skygrimoire.com for $8.49 and skygrimoire.cloud for $9.99, and skygrimoire.org for $12.48

If Zesto were here, I suspect he might say to go with the .com as the most powerful tld

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
price isn't a problem, which one is the best ? (+https also)
Ill have to better understand xenforo 1st tho

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Bump, it's time to get serious about this my buddy boyo @fukurou , come sign up to Blackpill.is - Take the blackpill! and send a PM to @Cancel so he can add you to the discussion about this and related projects: Cancel

Lots of interesting stuff afoot, time to join forces

Go ahead and sign up to HostFaggot or whichever big shared hosting service you wanna use, and we'll hold your hand as much as necessary to figure out the procedure for getting started

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
I mean system administration, website administration stuff; techy stuff
i'm studing PHP, SQL, Javascript on university right now, i'm relative inexperience that's why i wanted to do something related to be able to practice it.
i really wanted some Project to be able to learn this

i'm ok if you guys don't want my help

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
i'm studing PHP, SQL, Javascript on university right now, i'm relative inexperience that's why i wanted to do something related to be able to practice it.
i really wanted some Project to be able to learn this

i'm ok if you guys don't want my help
What have you done with Linux

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
i run it from a cpu stick a few times, and tested a bunch of distro and installed some stuf trough the command lines
All right, so I guess the next step is, @fukurou just needs to get signed up with HostGator or whatever he's gonna use, alternatively if he takes more than a week or two to do that, I may just take matters into my own hands and try to get it set up on my own server.

Unfortunately my own server has some issues at the moment that require some intermediate-level Linux-fu, Bruce1 and I are kinda stumped, it's virtual host-related stuff. I might have to do some maintenance at like 3 AM where I take down all the sites and try to fix it, or I might just say "fuck it." Problem is, I need to fix it to get the Weeb Wiki back up and running.

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
All right, so I guess the next step is, @fukurou just needs to get signed up with HostGator or whatever he's gonna use, alternatively if he takes more than a week or two to do that, I may just take matters into my own hands and try to get it set up on my own server.
ok, once you get the hosting send me PM

Unfortunately my own server has some issues at the moment that require some intermediate-level Linux-fu, Bruce1 and I are kinda stumped, it's virtual host-related stuff. I might have to do some maintenance at like 3 AM where I take down all the sites and try to fix it, or I might just say "fuck it." Problem is, I need to fix it to get the Weeb Wiki back up and running.
can you give me some more details? are you hosting it on a cloud or do you have a physical server?

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
ok, once you get the hosting send me PM

can you give me some more details? are you hosting it on a cloud or do you have a physical server?
Nah, no physical server, we're using a VPS for these sites, and fukurou is thinking about shared hosting, I think. Paging @mkdir

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
Oh, sorry man. Didn't realize you were still having issues. Your sites seemed to be working okay.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Shared hosting can be pretty restrictive. What are you trying to host?
Well @fukurou can fill us in on the details but it sounds like it's just gonna be another XenForo installation.

I'm tempted to just try to fix our server and host it here. But we need to figure out, why is service apache2 reload failing, yet our sites are still up? And what's the source of the failure? Hmm I need to do some research, I wonder if there's a virtual host troubleshooting guide anywhere. What I want to do is look up the error but I need to find the error first.

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
Well @fukurou can fill us in on the details but it sounds like it's just gonna be another XenForo installation.

I'm tempted to just try to fix our server and host it here. But we need to figure out, why is service apache2 reload failing, yet our sites are still up? And what's the source of the failure? Hmm I need to do some research, I wonder if there's a virtual host troubleshooting guide anywhere. What I want to do is look up the error but I need to find the error first.
do you have a log file?

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator

A lot depends on the configuration of the server. And your host is really fucking gay. I'll have to shell in tomorrow. And brush up on journalctl. :-D

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
do you have a log file?
That's what we're trying to ascertain, the log files I was looking at seemed to be empty, at least when I was using nano to try to read them. Well, mkdir and I will take a crack at it, and as a training exercise maybe we can have you set up the new site once we get fixed what's currently broken.

By the way, @mkdir we still have a certificate problem with the weeb wiki, specifically, we still have to wait a few days I think before they let us get another certificate from Let's Encrypt. But I would like to get it to at least do a reload without issuing an error.