Hey fukurou, This coding forum that you're talking about creating --

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
@mkdir if we wanted to make it less gay I guess we could theoretically do a colo or something, if we sent them in some hardware.

I wonder what other options there are for heterosexualizing it.

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
Upgrade to Debian Stretch or Buster probably. Backporting PHP 7.2 to Jessie is gay. I dunno if your host will do that, and it's basically a server migration. Stretch's PHP 7.0 is bad enough, but Jessie is something like 5.2 which is definitely beyond the pale. I think Buster has 7.3, and a lot of people use it. It's just not the official "Stable" release yet.

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
So I guess you could send them a Pi with Stretch or Buster on it if you know how to configure Debian. I guess I could do it...

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
But we'd have to migrate every site's files and database to the new Pi.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
So I guess you could send them a Pi with Stretch or Buster on it if you know how to configure Debian. I guess I could do it...
Well, does this fall into your "fun challenging project and learning opportunity" bucket or your "annoying pain in the ass" bucket, or both

leu have like sixs websites, what about sacrificing one of them?
We sacrificed two, Truecels.org became RGIF.is, and Truecels.ml became Suicide.is (we don't like truecels sites around here much, we keep converting them to other stuff)

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
Well, does this fall into your "fun challenging project and learning opportunity" bucket or your "annoying pain in the ass" bucket, or both

We sacrificed two, Truecels.org became RGIF.is, and Truecels.ml became Suicide.is (we don't like truecels sites around here much, we keep converting them to other stuff)
weebs and blackpill.is are my fav ones,

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
weebs and blackpill.is are my fav ones,
RGIF had potential but it was mostly meant as a troll site; unfortunately it didn't really recover after we lost the .fun domain.

I still think it's useful for a few hardcore (or ultracore) offerings.

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
RGIF had potential but it was mostly meant as a troll site; unfortunately it didn't really recover after we lost the .fun domain.

I still think it's useful for a few hardcore (or ultracore) offerings.
shame

zoopill.ml is dead, what about recycling it?

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
shame

zoopill.ml is dead, what about recycling it?
I thought about it, but it feels like such a shame, and also this new site is going to be entirely different so it's harder to recycle.

A truecel site can turn into any other kind of site because any kind of cope would be useful to them. It's harder to go in the direction of converting a site about one cope into a site about another cope.

E.g. it makes sense for truecels to resort to rape or to suicide, so there was a natural segue.

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
I thought about it, but it feels like such a shame, and also this new site is going to be entirely different so it's harder to recycle.

A truecel site can turn into any other kind of site because any kind of cope would be useful to them. It's harder to go in the direction of converting a site about one cope into a site about another cope.

E.g. it makes sense for truecels to resort to rape or to suicide, so there was a natural segue.
i don't know how flexible xenforos is, doesen't just changed all the names, imgs, domain and deleting old posts would suffice?

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
I'm going to head to Best Buy after work. I think they have Pis, and I want to see the accessories rather than just order off Amazon. So I should have a Pi in my Linuxfag Chadcel hands this evening. Debian looks like they've been supporting Pis with the armhf architecture for awhile, but there's a forum thread about it:

HOWTO: Install debian armhf on Pi 2/3 - Raspberry Pi Forums

Oh, well, if it already has Raspbian I might just use that. Not a big deal, but for a web host I'd rather use the Debian repositories.

You might wanna look into how to send the Pi in to the Swedish Pajeets for connecting for our information.

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
I got another project I would like to do that you are perfectly suited to advise me on. :-D I'll give the details on the private wiki.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
I'm going to head to Best Buy after work. I think they have Pis, and I want to see the accessories rather than just order off Amazon. So I should have a Pi in my Linuxfag Chadcel hands this evening. Debian looks like they've been supporting Pis with the armhf architecture for awhile, but there's a forum thread about it:

HOWTO: Install debian armhf on Pi 2/3 - Raspberry Pi Forums

Oh, well, if it already has Raspbian I might just use that. Not a big deal, but for a web host I'd rather use the Debian repositories.

You might wanna look into how to send the Pi in to the Swedish Pajeets for connecting for our information.
RPI Co-location: - You send your RPI to us (no cables or PSU) - 1 IPv4 address - 1 IPv6 address (more if needed, no extra cost) - 100 Mbps port - 4 TB transfer/month Price: 150 SEK/month 0.00335 BTC/month

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
Cool. That's the only practical way I see to heterosexualize the server is to send in our own hardware. Since I've never used a Pi before I'm not 100% sure of what kind of performance we'll get. That's the main uncertainty I have.

mkdir

Weeb
Administrator
What would be really fucking cool is if they didn't just steal our hardware along with the data. If they returned the hardware if they decided we "violating their terms of service" that would be nice. :-/

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
What would be really fucking cool is if they didn't just steal our hardware along with the data. If they returned the hardware if they decided we "violating their terms of service" that would be nice. :-/
Yeah, I don't really know how they roll, although I know their operations have been disrupted before by the Swedish cops coming in and having some inconvenient investigation procedures. They were like, "Sorry guys, that's not on us, we didn't come up with their investigation procedures."

Who knows if the VPS they give us is even onsite, or if the traffic merely goes through them.

So I wonder how much international shipping costs to get it there? I think air mail can cost a pretty penny, probably as much as the Raspberry Pi itself. Oh well.

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
Domain Pending: Provisioning in progress.

the fuck does that mean ?

GameDevWeeb

ストーカー
Yeah, I don't really know how they roll, although I know their operations have been disrupted before by the Swedish cops coming in and having some inconvenient investigation procedures. They were like, "Sorry guys, that's not on us, we didn't come up with their investigation procedures."

Who knows if the VPS they give us is even onsite, or if the traffic merely goes through them.

So I wonder how much international shipping costs to get it there? I think air mail can cost a pretty penny, probably as much as the Raspberry Pi itself. Oh well.
can you explain to me how this work? do you guys ship a PI to the VPS?