I Feel Bored With Life

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
What kinds of code u b writing?
MediaWiki, pretty much. I've decided I'm going to devote the rest of my life to contributing to open-source software projects, since I have nothing better to do. We want to see if there's a way we can make money off of a project, though (the philosophy being, if you build a site that's successful and popular enough, it'll just automatically attract money, the way Wikipedia, Google, Amazon, etc. did). See our issue tracker at Home (Actually, I'm the only one currently using the issue tracker; we otherwise communicate via Telegram)

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
MediaWiki, pretty much. I've decided I'm going to devote the rest of my life to contributing to open-source software projects, since I have nothing better to do. We want to see if there's a way we can make money off of a project, though (the philosophy being, if you build a site that's successful and popular enough, it'll just automatically attract money, the way Wikipedia, Google, Amazon, etc. did). See our issue tracker at Home (Actually, I'm the only one currently using the issue tracker; we otherwise communicate via Telegram)
what is an issue tracker ?
what would the MediaWiki do ?

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
what is an issue tracker ?
what would the MediaWiki do ?
An issue tracker is what you use when you have a lot of tasks that you need to keep track of, e.g. enhancements to code, bugs to fix, etc. As for what Inclupedia (our MediaWiki) would do, -- it's complicated.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
Maybe the best way to explain it is by way of analogy.

Let's suppose you wanted to compete head-to-head with Incels.is, and draw all their traffic away. What would be the ideal way to do that?

I'm thinking one way to do it would be by setting up your own XenForo installation and then importing everything they have, while also allowing your own users to add more content. So then you would have everything they have, and more. Basically you could create a fork of it.

But the crucial thing is, the importing wouldn't just be a one-time thing; it would have to be ongoing, so that you'd always have their latest content.

XenForo probably doesn't make it easy to do that, but with Wikipedia, it's more doable because MediaWiki makes an API available.

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
Maybe the best way to explain it is by way of analogy.

Let's suppose you wanted to compete head-to-head with Incels.is, and draw all their traffic away. What would be the ideal way to do that?

I'm thinking one way to do it would be by setting up your own XenForo installation and then importing everything they have, while also allowing your own users to add more content. So then you would have everything they have, and more. Basically you could create a fork of it.

But the crucial thing is, the importing wouldn't just be a one-time thing; it would have to be ongoing, so that you'd always have their latest content.

XenForo probably doesn't make it easy to do that, but with Wikipedia, it's more doable because MediaWiki makes an API available.
they only got views because of all the free advertisement : news, cucked shamen...

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
they only got views because of all the free advertisement : news, cucked shamen...
I wonder how long that can go on before people get bored. They live off of incel notoriety yet they want dissociate themselves from the mass killers. Can they have it both ways?

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
Maybe they have enough momentum by this point that they don't need media attention anymore to sustain their numbers.
wouldn't it be easier to pay a promoter ? turd flinging monkey could advertise this site for 2 weeks + interview for 100$ he has a fiverr

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
wouldn't it be easier to pay a promoter ? turd flinging monkey could advertise this site for 2 weeks + interview for 100$ he has a fiverr
We need to get together more resources; the problem is that even if we got, say, 300 users, we wouldn't have the resources right now to deal with all the pressure to take down the site. Right now, we either have to stay obscure or become cucked like Incels.is.

fukurou

hadouken
Administrator
We need to get together more resources; the problem is that even if we got, say, 300 users, we wouldn't have the resources right now to deal with all the pressure to take down the site. Right now, we either have to stay obscure or become cucked like Incels.is.
true, just like icaros, fly too high : wings burnt by the sun
too low and wings get wet.

but we do need some extra fun posters like grotesque for example.

Maybe they have enough momentum by this point that they don't need media attention anymore to sustain their numbers.
They might have enough momentum to do it but It would probably be better to hire an influencer. We also need to get more good posters so we can gather more resources.

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic レイプcel
Administrator
They might have enough momentum to do it but It would probably be better to hire an influencer. We also need to get more good posters so we can gather more resources.
@feminismiscancer and I are supposed to be trying to get rich by working on tech projects together.

true, just like icaros, fly too high : wings burnt by the sun
too low and wings get wet.

but we do need some extra fun posters like grotesque for example.
They probably prefer the big forums where their talents can be appreciated by a larger audience. We're more like hipsters.

Impure fancies

angry shitskin turbomanlet