Serious I WROTE 20,000 WORDS IN ONE DAY... AND SURVIVED.

Griffith

I'm only here to die.
The title basically says it all.

I may have survived, but it was a tiring and grim battle. Full of yawns and loads of typos and complaining about why I even signed up for this in the first place.

To make matters even worse... I had to work for five hours. I thought that I worked the day before, but when double checking my schedule, I realized that I worked the 26th. The day I had planned to write twenty thousand words. Cue the mini freakout. :P

My basic plan:

12-3:00am // write 5k.
9:00am-4:00pm // write 10k.
9:00pm-12:00 // finish my other 5k.

For your entertainment, I've complied an hour by hour update on my crazy adventure. Go ahead and take joy in my torture I put on myself. :P

twelve // 2,000

I meant to totally be prepared and start off strong -- midnight on the dot. But, I was busy running around trying to find my computer charger, soundproof headphones, and finish my slice of pizza. (piizzaaaa. o.o)

BUT. After I finished running around like a chicken with its head cut off (is my family the only family who uses the expression?), I sat my butt down and wrote like a madwoman.

one // 2,000

(I didn't keep track of my word count for all the hours, so these are estimates but fairly accurate estimates. *says the person who can never estimate for her life*)

Still feeling good. Kind of dead. But mostly awake and ready to conquer this 20k day.

two // 1,000

See how I just mentioned, "mostly awake" above? Ha. Not anymore. It was pretty much torture getting through the last 1k, but I finished at around 2:30. Boom.

NOW TIME TO SLEEP before I tackle the rest tomorrow. o.o 15k remaining!
three // 0

*snore*

four // 0

*more snoring*

five // 0

*actually no snoring because I don't actually snore??*

six // 0

*maybe some cricket chirping here and there*

seven // 0

*silence*

eight // 0

*ALARM NOISES*

(my alarm is a very soothing church bell sound, but once a random lady had it as her ringtone, and I thought I was waking up from a dream. A random fact about my life you obviously had to know.)

Wake up. Drag myself out of bed. Shower. Get dressed into my motivational pizza shirt.

9:00 // 1,016

(began writing at 9:30)
Started off the day with word warring Aimee and Anna, who joined me on this completely insane writing adventure.

So far, going great. I'm definitely not awake, but I'm not dead yet. (I would say that's a plus.)

10:00 // 1,668

The "going great" part from the last hour has turned into, "it's going well." I'm already starting to feel tired. :P​

11:00 // 1,314

Everything is going downhill. Spotify is malfunctioning, which means no music. I've already wrote past the little outline I wrote up yesterday night, so I have no idea what I'm doing. My stomach is growling. I am tired.
12:00 // 1,863

Things have improved. (this whole day is basically a huge slope of ups and downs. xD #writerslife)

I have food (though nothing exciting -- just toast. *weeps at the lack of pizza*), caffeine (mountain dew xD), and my spotify RETURNS. Let's do this writing thing.

Also, I hit 10k! BUT NOW I HAVE FOUR HOURS TO WRITE 6k AND HOPEFULLY THAT'S POSSIBLE.

1:00 // 1,739

Athelas, Faith, and I did a bunch of wordsprints on WriteDeck. If you've never heard of it, you should definitely check it out. WriteDeck is basically racing to see who can get to a certain amount of words first with other writers, and it's very motivational.

2:00 // 1,400

Mwahaha, I have lemonade to help me operate.

And, also Twitter is being very distracting. But that's nothing new.

3:00 // 1,000
I HAVE TO LEAVE AT 3:30 TO GO TO WORK. THIRTY MINUTES TO WRITE 1k. I have to do this or else I'm forever doomed.
*writes like mad*
*comes back with a minute to spare*

I did it. 1k in an hour. Which isn't terribly impressive for me, but my wrists are dying, and my brain is mush. Now to go work for five hours for a "break." xD
4:00 // 0

*does the coffee thing*

5:00 // 0

*actually doesn't do much of the coffee thing because I am on drive thru today*
6:00 // 0

Drive thru is always very interesting because then you get the occasional customer who has a little boy with an iron man suit staring at you while you count their change.

(it made me start laughing and that only caused them to stare at me more but oh well. :P)
7:00 // 0
Last hour of work!

8:00 // 300

*drives home playing Twenty One Pilots (softly) and singing/rapping the lyrics (not-so-softly)*​

OKAY. FINALLY HOME. I have roughly three hours to write 5,000 words. Is this possible in my brain-dead and sleep-deprived state?​

Not sure.
But I'm going to try.

9:00 // 1,300

Aaand my computer decided to crash. I only lost three hundred words, but it seems like a whole lot when I'm trying to write 5k in three hours. :P​
10:00 // 1,716

i'm so tired.
why did i think this was a good idea.
will i even make it?
*too lazy to even write with proper capitalization i am dyingggg*
11:00 // 1,684

I HAVE ONE HOUR AND TOO MANY WORDS TO WRITE. I'M IGNORING THE INTERNET. IGNORING EVERYTHING. TURNING ON SPOTIFY'S "DEEP FOCUS" PLAYLIST AND GOING INTO SUPER-WRITER MODE.
11:56

-
I'm still trying to figure out how worth it this actually was. I got a lot of words written... but I am still slightly dead from the insane day. Maybe one day I'll do it again... but not for a long, long time.
And just a reminder that this is how I write best! Not everyone thrives off of insane marathoning days. If you write slowly, that's okay. If you write fast, that's okay. It's important for writers to figure out what works best for them. :D

Huge shoutout to the wonderful Aimee and Anna for warring me throughout the day and ALSO completing 20k. We're all slightly mad. (also I believe that Anna will be writing a post like this today so make sure to check it out)

Do you thrive off of crazy writing days, or are you more of a take-it-slow writer?
(heh, "take-it-slow." all you twenty one pilots fans will get that. xD)
What's the most you've ever written in a day?

Zesto

LeonMaxxed
Staff member
Administrator
J-Pop Idol
IMG_6217.GIF

They'll know soon.

Honestly kudos to you.

I moved that thread within 10 seconds, you're faster than knajjd (he took nearly a whopping 5 minutes to get my thread down) and me who took 3 minutes to archive it.

You saved it in 10 damn seconds.

And I call myself the Lightning Count...

Griffith

I'm only here to die.
View attachment 3144

They'll know soon.

Honestly kudos to you.

I moved that thread within 10 seconds, you're faster than knajjd (he took nearly a whopping 5 minutes to get my thread down) and me who took 3 minutes to archive it.

You saved it in 10 damn seconds.

And I call myself the Lightning Count...

look kid, im 5'3.5 what makes u think i do anything with my life other than stalk u

Genecel

Actuarycel
Holy fuck, imagine a man having to work a 12 hour a day construction job, barely getting paid and depressed af. Then we have this fucking foid bragging about how she wrote 20 000 useless words of god knows what.

Women are living on debug mode.

Near

Wapanese
Holy fuck, imagine a man having to work a 12 hour a day construction job, barely getting paid and depressed af. Then we have this fucking foid bragging about how she wrote 20 000 useless words of god knows what.

Women are living on debug mode.
Its infuriating the way she said this:

"I HAVE ONE HOUR AND TOO MANY WORDS TO WRITE. I'M IGNORING THE INTERNET. IGNORING EVERYTHING. TURNING ON SPOTIFY'S "DEEP FOCUS" PLAYLIST AND GOING INTO SUPER-WRITER MODE. "

She thinks shes so special with her little game

Zesto

LeonMaxxed
Staff member
Administrator
J-Pop Idol
Don't do it bro, this is the greatest thread ever made in the history of mankind. Don't PM anyone either.

It has be experienced in one long massive read.

I have literally wrote a novel.

Griffith

I'm only here to die.
Don't do it bro, this is the greatest thread ever made in the history of mankind. Don't PM anyone either.

too late kid u have til 00 to bend over and shit out my rank

Zesto

LeonMaxxed
Staff member
Administrator
J-Pop Idol
Also I need you to make a thread since I might lose my progress if I open a new thread creation tab.

"Anyone That Shits Up My Upcoming Thread Will Be Perm Banned No Exceptions"

I want only high quality, thoughtful replies I am not joking.

Griffith

I'm only here to die.

no one believes i have it but once it goes out when ur busy typing it will change the world

hand it over

Tsukiyama

21st Ward Gourmet
Mod
Shinigami
Also I need you to make a thread since I might lose my progress if I open a new thread creation tab.

Just lol if you're expecting that from any member here

Griffith

I'm only here to die.

only if i am given my rightful rank

Zesto

LeonMaxxed
Staff member
Administrator
J-Pop Idol
If you leak I will perm ban you and you can read it as a guest, that's a promise.

You can make a YouTube video and narrate your response.

Lol you could even narrate the thread if you want.

Griffith

I'm only here to die.
If you leak I will perm ban you and you can read it as a guest, that's a promise.

You can make a YouTube video and narrate your response.

Lol you could even narrate the thread if you want.
cope i dont register threats it's going out on 00