Phones Have Different Purposes For Otakus

Zesto

LeonMaxxed
Staff member
J-Pop Idol
When I am in a boring class and everyone is on there phone, most of them are texting or even more retarded, FaceTiming while in class. I have seen this so many times and it's so cringy.

I doubt Asian women would be that retarded but were I be in a relationship with one and she wants to FaceTime me while I'm at school or work I will tell her no way in hell.

I cannot imagine anything more awkward than just staring at each other while supposed to be working and other people being aware of this.

Getting back to the purpose of this thread though my phone has a different purpose.

I have no one to text, no one to call, and no one to FaceTime even if I wanted to yet I am on my phone as much as everyone else in class.

That is because I read manga I have downloaded on it and 4Chan constantly.

Hence, I primarily use it in landscape mode while most normies almost always use their phones in portrait.

In addition to making imageboards and manga easier to read, I am more comfortable with landscape as it makes holding my phone like my PSP that I grew up with.

Chances are if someone else uses their phone almost always in landscape mode they are probably not a normie, though in the years I've been going to college I am the only person I have ever seen who does this.

Chances are if someone else uses their phone almost always in landscape mode they are probably not a normie, though in the years I've been going to college I am the only person I have ever seen who does this.
I am not a normie, but I keep my phone locked in portrait mode, as I hate it switching back and forth. It also feels easier for me to use with one hand and maneuver around. I only use my phone in class to browse the chans (if attendence is mandatory and I feel it is a waste of my time), googling and occasionally writing a note of reminder to myself. You're right though, if I saw someone with their phone sideways in class, I would probably think they are an autist playing fortnite.